If you like scrambled eggs for breakfast, this tofu scramble recipe will make you quit eggs! It is thought that tofu was originated in China over 2000 years ago by accident when fresh soy milk was mixed with nigari, a coagulant rich in minerals that is produced after extracting salt from seawater.
Disclosure: This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
It is high in plant-based protein and has a decent amount of vitamins and minerals. Remember to always to try buy organic soy beans! Most markets have them readily available these days. This is a very easy tofu scramble recipe and its delicious.
I do not just use tumeric to give the tofu scramble a nice yellow hue, tumeric may be one of the most potent nutritional supplements in the world! It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, it’s even known to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. Let’s start the Mojo!
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock
- sourdough bread
- 1 half avocado
- strawberry jam
- chives or scallions for garnish
Method Of Preparation
- Open tofu from its container and wrap in paper towels. Place some weight on it(anything can work, I used a gallon of water) for about 10 minutes to remove excess water.
2. Cut into cubes and place in a food processor. If you still do not have a food processor, you can get an affordable one at Amazon.
3. Pulse a few times until the tofu is pea size
4. On medium heat, place the tofu in a large enough pot and cook for about three minutes, stirring regularly so the tofu does not brown.
5. Add the vegetable stock and mix well, then add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, tumeric and nutritional yeast mix and cook for another three minutes until the vegetable sock has almost evaporated.
Serve tofu scramble in a bowl with some sourdough toast and jam, slice a half avocado seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with thinly sliced chives or scallions. Enjoy this delicious breakfast!