Here is another dish I grew up eating almost every day… fried rice! In all honesty this came out almost like its original counter part. Even though this recipe contains no oil, it it absolutely delicious!
This is a great recipe for anyone who is in a hurry and has some left over rice in the fridge. It uses only a few ingredients and can be done in as little as 10 minutes. I hope you enjoy this healthy alternative to a Chinese classic. Let’s start the Mojo!
- 1 cup left over brown rice ==>recipe here
- 1/4 cup tofu scramble ==>recipe here
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup carrots, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup small onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- thinly sliced scallions to garnish
Method Of Preparation
- On medium heat, add onions and carrots in a saute pan, cook for about 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Turn the heat to high. Add the rice, tofu scramble, pinch of salt and soy sauce and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the rice and tofu are nice and hot
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the green peas
5. Taste for seasoning and add more soy sauce if desired
Serve hot in a bowl and garnish with thinly slice scallions. Enjoy this healthy vegan fried rice!