Where do vegans get their protein? Try red lentils, white rice and pea protein! This high plant based protein pasta salad is made with my favorite pasta from Modern Table. In a 100g serving there is 20g of complete plant based protein and 6g of fiber! This blows any pasta out of the water in my opinion.
The pasta is made in less than 15 minutes and once it is cooled down, you can make this simple, fast and delicious meal! I personally use this product consistently, specially after hitting the gym. This alternative makes it super easy to get your protein intake for the day on a plant based diet and it’s fairly cheap on Amazon.
For added nutrient density, I added raw baby spinach and heirloom cherry tomatoes, and for a cheesy twist I topped it off with nutritional yeast. Always try to buy organic produce to reduce the intake of pesticides!
I hope you enjoy this delicious plant based pasta salad, now let’s start the Plant Based Mojo!
Pasta Salad With Almond Pesto Dressing
Simple and delicious pasta salad that will surely make you come for more!
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup Modern Table Complete Protein Rotini Pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon homemade pesto [click here for my almond pesto recipe]
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Method Of Preparation
- Bring four cups of water and one teaspoon of salt to a boil.
- Add pasta and lower heat to medium, cook 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. For more tender pasta, boil an additional minute.
- Once cooked, rise pasta under cold water until cooled completely. Strain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add pasta, tomatoes, spinach, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper, nutritional yeast and pesto.
- Toss salad until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add more pesto if you love it!
Serve in a bowl with a side of lemon wedge. Garnish with fresh basil, lemon zest and more nutritional yeast. Enjoy this delicious plant based pasta salad!